- Serve as a healthy lifestyle role-model to their peers
- Effectively refer students to campus resources related to health and well-being needs.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health programs and outreach events
- Utilize effective listening skills in working with students and effectively respond to peers
- Demonstrate and teach effective bystander intervention skills.
The Healthy Jacket Peer Educators are leaders who serve as healthy lifestyle role-models to their peers. They are extensively trained volunteers who give presentations on a variety of health topics, design and implement health programs for students and collaborate with campus partners to create a healthy community.
- Attend an initial mandatory training retreat.
- Complete mandatory online training.
- Attend Healthy Jacket Peer Educator meetings from 5pm-6pm on specified Monday nights.
- Give a minimum of 2 presentations per semester.
- Volunteer at a minimum of 2 events or tabling opportunities per semester for at least one hour.
- Volunteer one hour a month within the Wellness Empowerment Center office.
This is a rolling application. When we receive your application, we will follow up with you via email.
- Participate in leadership and professional development opportunities
- Gain experience as a group facilitator and educator
- Obtain experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating health programs
- Develop valuable communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Gain knowledge and training on current health and wellness topics affecting college students
- Receive mentorship and training from health professionals