- Serve as a healthy lifestyle role-model to their peers
- Effectively refer students to campus resources related to health and well-being needs.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health programs and outreach events
- Utilize effective listening skills in working with students and effectively respond to peers
- Demonstrate and teach effective bystander intervention skills.
- Contribute to strategic planning and team development of the peer educator group
The Healthy Jacket Peer Educators are leaders who serve as healthy lifestyle role-models to their peers. They are extensively trained volunteers who give presentations on a variety of health topics, design and implement health programs for students and collaborate with campus partners to create a healthy community.
Signup: Monthly Newsletter
- Attend an initial mandatory training
- Attend weekly meetings
- Commit to approximately 8-10 hours per month to the program
- Attend additional trainings as necessary (approximately 2-3 per semester)
- Give a minimum of 2 presentations per semester
- Volunteer at a minimum of 2 events per semester for at least one hour
This is a rolling application. When we receive your application, we will follow up with you via email.
- Participate in leadership and professional development opportunities
- Gain experience as a group facilitator and educator
- Obtain experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating health programs
- Develop valuable communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Gain knowledge and training on current health and wellness topics affecting college students
- Receive mentorship and training from health professionals