a parent handbook for
Talking with College Students About Alcohol
A Compilation of Information from Parents, Students, and The Scientific Community
Adapted with permission from
Rob Turrisi, Ph.D.
Prevention Research Center
The Pennsylvania State University
© 2010 CO Productions Ltd. All rights reserved.
Note: No part of this text can be used or reproduced without written permission from the author
- Improving Communication
- Communication Pointers
- The Initial Conversation
- Communication: The Short Response
- Developing Assertiveness
- Talking About Alcohol
- How Alcohol Works in the Body
- Why Students Drink
- Why Students Do Not Drink
- Heavy Episodic Drinking: Drinking to Get Drunk
- Did You Drink When You Were a Student?
- More Information