When you don't have time for this labor of love, try this quick and tasty mole sauce!
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup broth
- ¼ semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp almond butter or other nut/seed butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion and jalapeños cooking until softened and translucent. (3-4 minutes)
- Add in garlic cooking until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add chili powder, cinnamon, cumin and oregano to the pot and stir to coat all ingredients.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and broth, stirring to combine.
- Blend using a blender or food processor in small amounts until reaching sauce of smooth consistency.
- Return to the pot and add in chocolate and butter stirring to melt chocolate and combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Add this sauce to Mexican dishes, stuffed peppers, or over a baked protein for a rich and delicious flavor!